Cited 9 time in
Cited 9 time in
Bandgap tunable colloidal Cu-based ternary and quaternary chalcogenide nanosheets via partial cation exchange
- Bandgap tunable colloidal Cu-based ternary and quaternary chalcogenide nanosheets via partial cation exchange
- Ramasamy, P[Ramasamy, Parthiban]; Kim, M[Kim, Miri]; Ra, HS[Ra, Hyun-Soo]; Kim, J[Kim, Jinkwon]; Lee, JS[Lee, Jong-Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Ramasamy, P[Ramasamy, Parthiban]; Ra, HS[Ra, Hyun-Soo]; Lee, JS[Lee, Jong-Soo]
- Issue Date
- Nanoscale, 8(15), 7906-7913
- Article Type
- Cation Exchanges; Colloidal Synthesis; Energy Gap; In-Situ Oxidation; Low-Cost Photovoltaics; Nanosheets; Positive Ions; Quaternary Chalcogenides; Quaternary Semiconductors; Semiconducting Selenium Compounds; Synthesis (Chemical); Ternary Semiconductors; Thickness Measurement; Two-Dimensional (2-D)
- Copper based ternary and quaternary semiconductor nanostructures are of great interest for the fabrication of low cost photovoltaics. Although well-developed syntheses are available for zero dimensional (0D) nanoparticles, colloidal synthesis of two dimensional (2D) nanosheets remains a big challenge. Here we report, for the first time, a simple and reproducible cation exchange approach for 2D colloidal Cu2GeSe3, Cu2ZnGeSe4 and their alloyed Cu2GeSxSe3-x, Cu2ZnGeSxSe4-x nanosheets using pre-synthesized Cu2xSe nanosheets as a template. A mechanism for the formation of Cu2-xSe nanosheets has been studied in detail. In situ oxidation of Cu+ ions to form a CuSe secondary phase facilitates the formation of Cu2-xSe NSs. The obtained ternary and quaternary nanosheets have average lateral size in micrometers and thickness less than 5 nm. This method is general and can be extended to produce other important ternary semiconductor nanosheets such as CuIn1-xGaxSe2. The optical band gap of these nanosheets is tuned from 1 to 1.48 eV, depending on their composition. © 2016 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
MNEDL(Multifunctional Nanomaterials & Energy Devices Lab)
Design of new type of multifunctional nanoparticles for energy-related devices; 다기능성 나노재료; 무기물 태양전지; 열전소자
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringMNEDL(Multifunctional Nanomaterials & Energy Devices Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.