Cited 22 time in
Cited 22 time in
Electrochemical biosensor for Mycobacterium tuberculosis DNA detection based on gold nanotubes array electrode platform
- Electrochemical biosensor for Mycobacterium tuberculosis DNA detection based on gold nanotubes array electrode platform
- Torati, R[Torati, Ramulu]; Reddy, V[Reddy, Venu]; Yoon, SS[Yoon, Seok Soo]; Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- DGIST Authors
- Torati, R[Torati, Ramulu]; Reddy, V[Reddy, Venu]; Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- Issue Date
- Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 78, 483-488
- Article Type
- Aromatic Compounds; Bacterial DNA; Biosensing Techniques; Biosensor; Biosensors; Chemistry; Complementary Dna; Cyclic Potentiometry; Cyclic Voltammetry; DNA; DNA Biosensor; DNA Biosensors; DNA Determination; DNA Hybridization; DNA Probe; DNA, Bacterial; Electro-Chemical Electrodes; Electrochemical Analysis; Electrochemical Biosensor; Electrochemical Deposition; Electrochemical DNA Biosensors; Electrochemical Performance; Electrochemical Techniques; Electrodeposition; Electrodes; Electron Transport; Genetic Procedures; Gold; Gold Nanotube; Gold Nanotube Array; Human; Humans; Hybridization; Isolation and Purification; Limit of Detection; Methylene Blue; Microbiology; Microscopy, Electron, Scanning; Mycobacterium Tuberculosis; Nanoarray; Nanofabrication; Nanotube; Nanotubes; Non-Human; Pathogenicity; Reduction; Scanning Electron Microscopy; Synthesis (Chemical); Thick Films; Tuberculosis; Unclassified Drug; Yarn
- The template assisted electrochemical deposition technique was used for the synthesis of gold nanotubes array (AuNTsA). The morphological structure of the synthesized AuNTsA was observed by scanning electron microscopy and found that the individual nanotubes are around 1.5μm in length with a diameter of 200nm. Nanotubes are vertically aligned to the Au thick film, which is formed during the synthesis process of nanotubes. The electrochemical performance of the AuNTsA was compared with the bare Au electrode and found that AuNTsA has better electron transfer surface than bare Au electrode which is due to the high surface area. Hence, the AuNTsA was used as an electrode for the fabrication of DNA hybridization biosensor for detection of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis DNA. The DNA hybridization biosensor constructed by AuNTsA electrode was characterized by cyclic voltammetry technique with Fe(CN)63-/4- as an electrochemical redox indicator. The selectivity of the fabricated biosensor was illustrated by hybridization with complementary DNA and non-complementary DNA with probe DNA immobilized AuNTsA electrode using methylene blue as a hybridization indicator. The developed electrochemical DNA biosensor shows good linear range of complementary DNA concentration from 0.01ng/μL to 100ng/μL with high detection limit. © 2015 Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.