Cited 9 time in
Cited 12 time in
Selective novel inverse agonists for human GPR43 augment GLP-1 secretion
- Selective novel inverse agonists for human GPR43 augment GLP-1 secretion
- Park, Bi-Oh; Kim, Seong Heon; Kong, Gye Yeong; Kim, Da Hui; Kwon, Mi So; Lee, Su Ui; Kim, Mun-Ock; Cho, Sungchan; Lee, Sangku; Lee, Hyun-Jun; Han, Sang-Bae; Kwak, Young Shin; Lee, Sung Bae; Kim, Sunhong
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sung Bae
- Issue Date
- European Journal of Pharmacology, 771, 1-9
- Article Type
- Agents Interacting With Transmitter, Hormone or Drug Receptors; BTI-A-202; BTI-A-292; BTI-A-404; Calcium Ion; Competitive Inhibition; Controlled Study; Cyclic AMP; Cytoplasm; Drug Identification; Drug Potency; Drug Screening; Drug Selectivity; Drug Structure; G Protein-Coupled Receptor; GLP-1; Glucagon Like Peptide 1; GPR43; High Throughput Screening; Immunoglobulin Enhancer Binding Protein; Inverse Agonist; Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase; Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase P38; Priority Journal; Protein GPR43; Protein Secretion; SCFA; Signal Transduction; Structure Activity Relation; Unclassified Drug
- GPR43/Free Fatty Acid Receptor 2 (FFAR2) is known to be activated by short-chain fatty acids and be coupled to Gi and Gq family of heterotrimeric G proteins. GPR43 is mainly expressed in neutrophils, adipocytes and enteroendocrine cells, implicated to be involved in inflammation, obesity and type 2 diabetes. However, several groups have reported the contradictory data about the physiological functions of GPR43, so that its roles in vivo remain unclear. Here, we demonstrate that a novel compound of pyrimidinecarboxamide class named as BTI-A-404 is a selective and potent competitive inverse agonist of human GPR43, but not the murine ortholog. Through structure-activity relationship (SAR), we also found active compound named as BTI-A-292. These regulators increased the cyclic AMP level and reduced acetate-induced cytoplasmic Ca2+ level. Furthermore, we show that they modulated the downstream signaling pathways of GPR43, such as ERK, p38 MAPK, and NF-κB. It was surprising that two compounds augmented the secretion of glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) in NCI-H716 cell line. Collectively, these novel and specific competitive inhibitors regulate all aspects of GPR43 signaling and the results underscore the therapeutic potential of them. © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
SB LAB(Lab of Neurodegenerative diseases and Aging)
Cellular mechanism of neurodegenerative diseases; Neuronal maintenance and remodeling; 퇴행성 뇌질환의 세포기전; 신경계 유지 및 리모델링 연구
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesSB LAB(Lab of Neurodegenerative diseases and Aging)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.