Cited 11 time in
Cited 13 time in
Atomic layer deposition of Ru thin film using N-2/H-2 plasma as a reactant
- Atomic layer deposition of Ru thin film using N-2/H-2 plasma as a reactant
- Hong, TE[Hong, Tae Eun]; Mun, KY[Mun, Ki-Yeung]; Choi, SK[Choi, Sang-Kyung]; Park, JY[Park, Ji-Yoon]; Kim, SH[Kim, Soo-Hyun]; Cheon, T[Cheon, Taehoon]; Kim, WK[Kim, Woo Kyoung]; Lim, BY[Lim, Byoung-Yong]; Kim, S[Kim, Sunjung]
- DGIST Authors
- Cheon, T[Cheon, Taehoon]
- Issue Date
- Thin Solid Films, 520(19), 6100-6105
- Article Type
- Atomic Layer Deposition; Columnar Grain Structure; Copper; Copper Metallization; Crystal Microstructure; Crystallinities; Deposition Parameters; Fast Nucleation; Grain Size and Shape; Hydrogen; Microstructure; N-Incorporation; Nano-Crystallines; Nitrogen; Nitrogen Incorporation; Nitrogen Plasma; Nitrogen/Hydrogen Plasma; Olefins; Plasma Deposition; Plasma Power; Polycrystalline; Reactant Gas; Ru Film; Ru Thin Films; Ruthenium; Seed Layer; Substrate Temperature; Thin-Films; Toluene; Vapor Deposition
- Ruthenium (Ru) thin films were grown by atomic layer deposition using IMBCHRu [(η6-1-Isopropyl-4-MethylBenzene)(η4-CycloHexa-1,3-diene) Ruthenium(0)] as a precursor and a nitrogen-hydrogen mixture (N 2/H 2) plasma as a reactant, at the substrate temperature of 270°C. In the wide range of the ratios of N 2 and total gas flow rates (fN 2/N 2 + H 2) from 0.12 to 0.70, pure Ru films with negligible nitrogen incorporation of 0.5 at.% were obtained, with resistivities ranging from ∼ 20 to ∼ 30 μ cm. A growth rate of 0.057 nm/cycle and negligible incubation cycle for the growth on SiO 2 was observed, indicating the fast nucleation of Ru. The Ru films formed polycrystalline and columnar grain structures with a hexagonal-close-packed phase. Its resistivity was dependent on the crystallinity, which could be controlled by varying the deposition parameters such as plasma power and pulsing time. Cu was electroplated on a 10-nm-thick Ru film. Interestingly, it was found that the nitrogen could be incorporated into Ru at a higher reactant gas ratio of 0.86. The N-incorporated Ru film (∼ 20 at.% of N) formed a nanocrystalline and non-columnar grain structure with the resistivity of ∼ 340 μ cm. © 2012 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.