Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Poster abstract: KinSpace: to provide fall prevention using kinect
- Poster abstract: KinSpace: to provide fall prevention using kinect
- Greenwood, Chirs; Nirjon, Shahriar; Stankovic, John A.; Yoon, Hee Jung; Ra, Ho-Kyeong; Park, Taejoon; Son, Sang Hyuk
- DGIST Authors
- Yoon, Hee Jung; Ra, Ho-Kyeong; Park, Taejoon; Son, Sang Hyuk
- Issue Date
- 11th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, SenSys 2013
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Falls are a significant problem for the elderly living independently in the home. Many falls occur due to household objects left in open spaces. We present KinSpace, a system that uses real-time depth data and human-in-the-loop feedback to adjust its understanding of the open space of an environment. We present results showing the effectiveness of our underlying technical solutions in identifying open spaces and obstacles. The results for both lab testing and a small deployment in an actual home show over 80% accuracy for open space detection and 70% accuracy in obstacle detection even in the presence of many real world issues.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.