Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Parallelism error measurement for the spindle axis of machine tools by two circular tests with different tool lengths
- Parallelism error measurement for the spindle axis of machine tools by two circular tests with different tool lengths
- Lee, Kwang-Il; Shin, Dong-Hwan; Yang, Seung-Han
- DGIST Authors
- Shin, Dong-Hwan
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 88(9-12), 2883-2887
- Article Type
- Circular Test; Compensation; Double Ball Bar; Double Ball Bar; Eccentricity; Independent Geometric Errors; Machine Tools; Parallelismerrors; Spindle Axis
- In this study, parallelism errors between the spindle axis and the linear axis of machine tools were measured using a double ball-bar. Specifically, two circular tests were performed to measure the parallelism errors using tool balls with different tool lengths and a workpiece ball fixed to a workpiece table. Parallelism errors were calculated by analyzing, simultaneously, the measured double ball-bar (DBB) data from the circular tests. The proposed method provides accurate measurements due to a large offset between the circular tests within the working space of machine tools. Additionally, the approach only requires a DBB and adjustment/extension fixtures; thus, it simplifies measurements and is cost-effective.
- SPRINGER LONDON LTD
- Related Researcher
Multi-body dynamic simulation;다물체 동역학 해석, Structural Analsys;구조해석
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.