Cited 10 time in
Cited 9 time in
Characterization of Ga-doped ZnO Nanorods Synthesized via Microemulsion Method
- Characterization of Ga-doped ZnO Nanorods Synthesized via Microemulsion Method
- Lim, Sang Kyoo; Hong, Seong Hui; Hwang, Sung-Ho; Kim, Soonhyun; Park, Hyunwoong
- DGIST Authors
- Lim, Sang Kyoo; Hwang, Sung-Ho; Kim, Soonhyun
- Issue Date
- Journal of Materials Science and Technology, 29(1), 39-43
- Article Type
- Defect Levels; Ga-Doped ZnO; Gallium; High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy; Micro-Emulsion; Micro-Emulsion Method; Microemulsions; Nanorod; Nanorods; Photoelectrons; Room-Temperature Photoluminescence; Scanning Electron Microscopy; SEM Observation; Sodium; Sodium Benzene Sulfonates; Sodium Lauryl Sulfates; Surface Active Agents; Surfactants; X Ray Diffraction; X Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy; Zinc Oxide; ZnO; ZnO Nanorod
- Gallium-doped ZnO (GZO) nanorods were synthesized by microemulsion method with different types of surfactants. The phase and morphology of the above nanorods were investigated by scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD), high resolution transmission electron microscopy (HR-TEM) and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS). SEM observations show that the ZnO nanorods have diameters around 70-200 nm and lengths up to several micrometers. The room temperature photoluminescence (PL) spectrum of GZO nanorods exhibited a sharp and strong ultraviolet bandgap at 383 nm and a relatively weaker emission associated with the defect level. Resistivity of GZO nanorods synthesized with sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium benzene sulfonate (SBS) surfactants showed 2.84 Ω m and 14.2 Ω m, respectively. © 2013.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.