Cited 14 time in
Cited 15 time in
Dependence of interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction and perpendicular magnetic anisotropy on the thickness of the heavy-metal layer
- Dependence of interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction and perpendicular magnetic anisotropy on the thickness of the heavy-metal layer
- Kim, Nam Hui; Han, D. S.; Jeong, Jin Yong; Park, Kwon Jin; Swagten, Henk J. M.; Kim, June Seo; You, Chun Yeol
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, June Seo; You, Chun Yeol
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Express, 10(10)
- Article Type
- Anisotropy; Brillouin scattering; Ferromagnetic materials; Ferromagnetism; Heavy metals; Light scattering; Magnetism; Magnets; Platinum; Platinum metals; Superconducting materials; Brillouin light scattering; Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction; Energy density; Ferromagnets; Perpendicular magnetic anisotropy; Thickness dependence; Magnetic anisotropy
- The interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction (iDMI) and the interfacial perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (iPMA) between a heavy metal and ferromagnet are investigated by employing Brillouin light scattering. With increasing thickness of the heavy-metal (Pt) layer, the iDMI and iPMA energy densities are rapidly enhanced and they saturate for a Pt thickness of 2.4 nm. Since these two individual magnetic properties show the same Pt thickness dependence, this is evidence that the iDMI and iPMA at the interface between the heavy metal and ferromagnet, the physical origin of these phenomena, are effectively enhanced upon increasing the thickness of the heavy-metal layer.
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- Related Researcher
Spin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab
Spintronics; Condensed Matter Physics; Magnetic Materials & Thin Films; Micromagnetic Simulations; Spin Nano-Devices
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.