Cited 48 time in
Cited 49 time in
Titanium-Carboxylate Metal-Organic Framework Based on an Unprecedented Ti-Oxo Chain Cluster
- Titanium-Carboxylate Metal-Organic Framework Based on an Unprecedented Ti-Oxo Chain Cluster
- Keum, Yesub; Park, Seonghun; Chen, Ying-Pin; Park, Jinhee
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Jinhee
- Issue Date
- Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, 57(45), 14852-14856
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- cluster compounds; metal-organic frameworks; reactive oxygen species; selective alcohol oxidation; Ti-oxo chain cluster
- SINGLET OXYGEN; CO2 REDUCTION; PHOTOCATALYSIS; WATER; MECHANISMS; CHEMISTRY; REACTIVITY; COMPLEXES; MOF
- Titanium(IV)-based metal-organic frameworks (Ti-MOFs) have received significant attention in recent years due to their numerous photocatalytic applications. We herein prepare the single-crystalline Ti-carboxylate MOF (DGIST-1) composed of an unprecedented Ti-oxo chain cluster and the porphyrinic ligand, TCPP (tetrakis(4-carboxyphenyl)porphyrin). Preformed Ti-oxo clusters were used as Ti4+ sources to avoid the spontaneous hydrolysis and condensation reactions of traditional Ti-alkoxide precursors, thus, enabling the formation of the highly crystalline Ti-MOF. The successfully activated DGIST-1 exhibited a higher surface area (i.e., 1957.3 m2 g−1) than previously reported Ti-MOFs due to its high crystallinity. Furthermore, the visible-light-responsive photocatalytic activity of DGIST-1 was confirmed by the simultaneous generation of singlet oxygen (1O2) and superoxide (.O2 −) species, in addition to the highly efficient and selective oxidation of benzyl alcohol to benzaldehyde. © 2018 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Related Researcher
Organic-Inorganic Hybrids Lab
Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Materials; Metal-Organic Polyheda;Metal-Organic Frameworks; Porous Polymer Networks
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceOrganic-Inorganic Hybrids Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.