Cited 0 time in
Cited 5 time in
Residual-Based External Torque Estimation in Series Elastic Actuators Over a Wide Stiffness Range: Frequency Domain Approach
- Residual-Based External Torque Estimation in Series Elastic Actuators Over a Wide Stiffness Range: Frequency Domain Approach
- Lee, Jinoh; Lee, Chan; Tsagarakis, Nikolaos; Oh, Sehoon
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Sehoon
- Issue Date
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 3(3), 1442-1449
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Compliant joint/mechanism; flexible robots; physical human–robot interaction
- This letter presents an enhanced external torque estimation algorithm for series elastic actuators (SEAs) expanding the usability of the residual-based technique. Although the residual method demonstrates online torque estimation capability in diverse applications and thus becomes popular, it is practically challenging to achieve accurate estimation performance in a wide stiffness range of SEAs. The performance degradation is mainly induced by inaccurate transmission torque information, which is stemmed from unexpected errors in the spring deflection based torque sensing. To overcome the issue, this letter analyses the limitation of the conventional approach in frequency domain and proposes the enhanced residual to be used over a wide stiffness range of SEAs. The performance of proposed method is comparatively verified with conventional method in the both of simulations and experiments.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.