Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Lateral WSe 2 p–n Junction Device Electrically Controlled by a Single-Gate Electrode
- Lateral WSe 2 p–n Junction Device Electrically Controlled by a Single-Gate Electrode
- Kwak, Do-Hyun; Jeong, Min-Hye; Ra, Hyun-Soo; Lee, A-Young; Lee, Jong-Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jong-Soo
- Issue Date
- Advanced Optical Materials, 7(10), 1900051
- Article Type
- Author Keyword
- inverter devices; lateral p–n diodes; photovoltaic effect; tungsten diselenide; WSe 2
- Boron nitride; Electric inverters; Electric rectifiers; Electrodes; Electrostatic devices; Gate dielectrics; Heterojunctions; III-V semiconductors; Light absorption; Optoelectronic devices; Photovoltaic effects; Semiconductor diodes; Semiconductor doping; Transition metals; Tungsten compounds; Heterojunction structures; Hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN); inverter devices; Optoelectronic applications; Power conversion efficiencies; Transition metal dichalcogenides; Tungsten diselenide; WSe2; Selenium compounds
- Semiconductor p–n junctions are building blocks for optoelectronic devices. Recently, p–n junction devices based on 2D transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs) have been demonstrated in optoelectronic applications due to their thin thickness, flexibility, high carrier mobility, and high light-absorption properties. To fabricate 2D semiconductor p–n junction devices, various methods are demonstrated, such as heterojunction structures, chemical doping, and electrostatic doping. In this work, lateral both p–n and n–p junctions in WSe 2 devices, electrically controlled by using only a single-gate electrode, are first reported. It is demonstrated that the single-gated WSe 2 p–n and n–p diodes form an internal built-in electrical field, showing strong diode-like current rectifying behavior and photovoltaic effect under the illumination. The resultant device exhibits a high current rectification ratio up to ≈10 6 and a power conversion efficiency of 0.1% under AM 1.5 illumination. A logical inverter based on the lateral and in-plane contacted WSe 2 device with a hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN) gate dielectric is also presented. The electrode architecture engineering based on a single TMDC will be useful for applications that are more complicated such as p–n junction optoelectronic devices and inverters. © 2019 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- Related Researcher
MNEDL(Multifunctional Nanomaterials & Energy Devices Lab)
Design of new type of multifunctional nanoparticles for energy-related devices; 다기능성 나노재료; 무기물 태양전지; 열전소자
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringMNEDL(Multifunctional Nanomaterials & Energy Devices Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.