Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
Wireless thin film transistor based on micro magnetic induction coupling antenna
- Wireless thin film transistor based on micro magnetic induction coupling antenna
- Jun, Byoung Ok; Lee, Gwang Jun; Kang, Jong Gu; Kim, Seunguk; Choi, Ji-Woong; Cha, Seung Nam; Sohn, Jung Inn; Jang, Jae Eun
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Ji-Woong; Jang, Jae Eun
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports, 5
- Article Type
- A wireless thin film transistor (TFT) structure in which a source/drain or a gate is connected directly to a micro antenna to receive or transmit signals or power can be an important building block, acting as an electrical switch, a rectifier or an amplifier, for various electronics as well as microelectronics, since it allows simple connection with other devices, unlike conventional wire connections. An amorphous indium gallium zinc oxide (α-IGZO) TFT with magnetic antenna structure was fabricated and studied for this purpose. To enhance the induction coupling efficiency while maintaining the same small antenna size, a magnetic core structure consisting of Ni and nanowires was formed under the antenna. With the micro-antenna connected to a source/drain or a gate of the TFT, working electrical signals were well controlled. The results demonstrated the device as an alternative solution to existing wire connections which cause a number of problems in various fields such as flexible/wearable devices, body implanted devices, micro/nano robots, and sensors for the 'internet of things' (IoT).
- Nature Publishing Group
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG) - Jang Lab.
Nanoelectroinc device; 생체 신호 센싱 시스템 및 생체 모방 디바이스; 나노 통신 디바이스
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab1. Journal Articles
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG) - Jang Lab.1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.