Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Uncovering multiloci-ordering by algebraic property of Laplacian matrix and its Fiedler vector
- Uncovering multiloci-ordering by algebraic property of Laplacian matrix and its Fiedler vector
- Cheon, M[Cheon, Mookyung]; Kim, C[Kim, Choongrak]; Chang, I[Chang, Iksoo]
- DGIST Authors
- Cheon, M[Cheon, Mookyung]; Chang, I[Chang, Iksoo]
- Issue Date
- Bioinformatics, 32(6), 801-807
- Article Type
- Motivation: The loci-ordering, based on two-point recombination fractions for a pair of loci, is the most important step in constructing a reliable and fine genetic map. Results: Using the concept from complex graph theory, here we propose a Laplacian ordering approach which uncovers the loci-ordering of multiloci simultaneously. The algebraic property for a Fiedler vector of a Laplacian matrix, constructed from the recombination fraction of the loci-ordering for 26 loci of barley chromosome IV, 846 loci of Arabidopsis thaliana and 1903 loci of Malus domestica, together with the variable threshold uncovers their loci-orders. It offers an alternative yet robust approach for ordering multiloci. Availability and implementation: Source code program with data set is available as supplementary data and also in a software category of the website (http://biophysics.dgist.ac.kr) Contact: or firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplementary information: Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. © 2015 The Author 2015. Published by Oxford University Press. All rights reserved.
- Oxford University Press
- Related Researcher
Chang, Ik Soo
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Laboratory
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics; Supercomputing Simulation of Biomolecules; 이론?계산 생물물리학; 통계물리학; 단백질체의 슈퍼컴퓨터 모델링 및 시물레이션
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesTheoretical and Computational Biophysics Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.