Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Improved Vehicle Detection Algorithm in Heavy Traffic for Intelligent Vehicle
- Improved Vehicle Detection Algorithm in Heavy Traffic for Intelligent Vehicle
- Lee, CH[Lee, Chung-Hee]; Lim, YC[Lim, Young-Chul]; Kim, D[Kim, Dongyoung]; Sohng, KI[Sohng, Kyu-Ik]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, CH[Lee, Chung-Hee]; Lim, YC[Lim, Young-Chul]; Kim, D[Kim, Dongyoung]
- Issue Date
- Elektronika Ir Elektrotechnika, 20(9), 54-58
- Article Type
- Image Segmentation; Intelligent Vehicle; Object Recognition; Stereo Image Processing
- Despite significant progress in vehicle detection over the last few decades, vehicle detection performance in heavy traffic is still inadequate. In this paper, we propose a new algorithm for vehicle detection in heavy traffic to improve detection performance. It uses two proposed segmentation methods, namely, the disparity map-based bird's-eye-view mapping segmentation method and the edge distance weighted conditional random field (CRF)-based segmentation method. Our experimental results show that the proposed algorithm outperforms conventional algorithms. The improvements in performance range from 10.8 % to 20.5 % increase in F-measure.
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.