Cited 5 time in
Cited 0 time in
Characteristics of Al-Doped ZnO Films Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition for Silicon Nanowire Photovoltaic Device
- Characteristics of Al-Doped ZnO Films Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition for Silicon Nanowire Photovoltaic Device
- Oh, BY[Oh, Byeong-Yun]; Han, JW[Han, Jin-Woo]; Seo, DS[Seo, Dae-Shik]; Kim, KY[Kim, Kwang-Young]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 12(7), 5330-5335
- Article Type
- 3-Dimensional; Al-Concentration; Al-Doped Zinc Oxide; Al-Doped ZnO; Aluminum; Atomic Layer Deposition; Band Gap Energy; Conformal Deposition; Diffraction Peaks; Electric Conductivity; Electrical Resistivity; Electronic Device; II-VI Semiconductor; Layer-by-Layer Growth; Merit Values; Nanowires; Optical Characteristics; Photovoltaic Devices; Silicon Nanowire Photovoltaic Device; Silicon Nanowires; Sputtering Methods; Surface Chemical Reactions; Surface Passivation; Transparent Electrode; Zinc Oxide; Zinc Oxide II-VI Semiconductors; ZnO
- We report the structural, electrical, and optical characteristics of Al-doped ZnO (ZnO:Al) ?lms deposited on glass by atomic layer deposition (ALD) with various Al2O3 film contents for use as transparent electrodes. Unlike films fabricated by a sputtering method, the diffraction peak position of the films deposited by ALD progressively moved to a higher angle with increasing Al2O3 film content. This indicates that Zn sites were effectively replaced by Al, due to layer-by-layer growth mechanism of ALD process which is based on alternate self-limiting surface chemical reactions. By adjusting the Al2O3?lm content, a ZnO:Al film with low electrical resistivity (9.84 × 10-4ω cm) was obtained at an Al2O3 film content of 3.17%, where the Al concentration, carrier mobility, optical transmittance, and bandgap energy were 2.8 wt%, 11.20 cm2V-1s-1, 94.23%, and 3.6 eV, respectively. Moreover, the estimated figure of merit value of our best sample was 8.2 mω-1. These results suggest that ZnO:Al films deposited by ALD could be useful for electronic devices in which especially require 3-dimensional conformal deposition of the transparent electrode and surface passivation © 2012 American Scientific Publishers.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.