Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
On the Secrecy Capacity Region of the Two-User Symmetric Z Interference Channel With Unidirectional Transmitter Cooperation
- On the Secrecy Capacity Region of the Two-User Symmetric Z Interference Channel With Unidirectional Transmitter Cooperation
- Mohapatra, Parthajit; Murthy, Chandra R.; Lee, Jemin
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jemin
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 12(3), 572-587
- Article Type
- Achievable Rate Region; Broadcast Channels; Channel Capacity; Communication; Cooperation; Degrees of Freedom (Mechanics); Deterministic Approximation; Deterministic Approximation; Deterministic Modeling; Gaussian Distribution; Gaussian Interference; Information Theoretic Secrecy; Information Theory; Integrated Circuits; Interference Channels; Interference Suppression; Jamming; Linear Deterministic Models; Mitigation; Relative Strength; Secrecy Capacity Regions; Signal Interference; Stochastic Models; Stochastic Systems; Transmitters; Z Interference Channel
- In this paper, the role of unidirectional limited rate transmitter cooperation is studied for the two-user symmetric Z interference channel (Z-IC) with secrecy constraints at the receivers, in achieving two conflicting goals simultaneously: mitigating interference and ensuring secrecy. First, the problem is studied under the linear deterministic model. A novel scheme for partitioning the encoded messages and outputs based on the relative strengths of the signal and interference is proposed. The partitioning reveals the side information that needs to be provided to the receiver and facilitates the development of tight outer bounds on the secrecy capacity region. The achievable schemes for the deterministic model use a fusion of cooperative precoding and transmission of a jamming signal. The optimality of the proposed scheme is established for the deterministic model for all possible parameter settings. The insights obtained from the deterministic model are used to derive inner and outer bounds on the secrecy capacity region of the two-user Gaussian symmetric Z-IC. The achievable scheme for the Gaussian model uses stochastic encoding in addition to cooperative precoding and transmission of a jamming signal. For the Gaussian case, the secure sum generalized degrees of freedom (GDOF) is characterized and shown to be optimal for the weak/moderate interference regime. It is also shown that the secure sum capacity lies within 2 bits/s/Hz of the outer bound for the weak/moderate interference regime for all values of the capacity of the cooperative link. Interestingly, in the deterministic model, it is found that there is no penalty on the capacity region of the Z-IC due to the secrecy constraints at the receivers in the weak/moderate interference regimes. Similarly, it is found that there is no loss in the secure sum GDOF for the Gaussian case due to the secrecy constraint at the receiver, in the weak/moderate interference regimes. The results highlight the importance of cooperation in facilitating secure communication over the Z-IC. © 2005-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
ISC(Information Security and Communication) Lab
Wireless Communication System; Information Security
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringISC(Information Security and Communication) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.