Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Charge Transport Modulation of a Flexible Quantum Dot Solar Cell Using a Piezoelectric Effect
- Charge Transport Modulation of a Flexible Quantum Dot Solar Cell Using a Piezoelectric Effect
- Cho, Yul-Jae; Giraud, Paul; Hou, Bo; Lee, Young-Woo; Hong, John; Lee, Sang-Hyo; Pak, Sang-Yeon; Lee, Ju-Won; Jang, Jae Eun; Morris, Stephen M.; Sohn, Jung-Inn; Cha, Seung-Nam; Kim, Jong-Min
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, Jae Eun
- Issue Date
- Advanced Energy Materials, 8(3), 1700809
- Article Type
- Article in Press
- Absorption Spectroscopy; Carrier Transport; Charge Carrier Behaviors; Charge Carriers; Charge Transport Modulation; Colloidal Quantum Dots; Electric Fields; Energy Gap; Flexible Solar Cells; Infrared Wavelengths; Large Absorption Coefficient; Lead Sulfide; Lead Sulfide Quantum Dots; Modulation; Nanocrystals; Piezoelectric Effect; Piezoelectricity; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Quantum Chemistry; Quantum Dot Solar Cells; Semiconductor Quantum Dots; Solar Cells
- Colloidal quantum dots are promising materials for flexible solar cells, as they have a large absorption coefficient at visible and infrared wavelengths, a band gap that can be tuned across the solar spectrum, and compatibility with solution processing. However, the performance of flexible solar cells can be degraded by the loss of charge carriers due to recombination pathways that exist at a junction interface as well as the strained interface of the semiconducting layers. The modulation of the charge carrier transport by the piezoelectric effect is an effective way of resolving and improving the inherent material and structural defects. By inserting a porous piezoelectric poly(vinylidenefluoride-trifluoroethylene) layer so as to generate a converging electric field, it is possible to modulate the junction properties and consequently enhance the charge carrier behavior at the junction. This study shows that due to a reduction in the recombination and an improvement in the carrier extraction, a 38% increase in the current density along with a concomitant increase of 37% in the power conversion efficiency of flexible quantum dots solar cells can be achieved by modulating the junction properties using the piezoelectric effect. © 2017 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
Nanoelectroinc device; 생체 신호 센싱 시스템 및 생체 모방 디바이스; 나노 통신 디바이스
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.