Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
An Effective Pre-processing Technique for Robust ESPRIT-Based Single-Tone Frequency Estimation against an I/Q Mismatch
- An Effective Pre-processing Technique for Robust ESPRIT-Based Single-Tone Frequency Estimation against an I/Q Mismatch
- Kim, Sangdong; Kim, Bong-seok; Oh, Daegun; Lee, Jonghun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Sangdong; Oh, Daegun; Lee, Jonghun
- Issue Date
- Elektronika Ir Elektrotechnika, 21(6), 34-39
- Article Type
- ESPRIT; Hilbert Transform; I/Q Mismatch; Pre-Processing Technique; Singletone Frequency
- This letter proposes an effective pre-processing technique for robust estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques (ESPRIT)-based single-tone frequency estimation against an I/Q mismatch. For the implementation of a high-accuracy ranging/radar system, parametric-based algorithms such as MUSIC, ESPRIT and their variations have been adopted due to their superior estimation capability for single-tone frequency estimations. Since most ranging/radar system have the direct conversion architecture, I/Q imbalance problem occurs in the form of spurious frequencies of the frequency spectrum. For this reason, the proposed pre-processing technique is designed to make use of the Hilbert transform structure for received signals. The estimation performance of the proposed preprocessing technique in single-tone frequency is derived and compared with the results from a Monte-Carlo simulation. The root-mean-square error (RMSE) of the proposed method is compared with that of an ESPRIT-based method for various parameters.
- Kauno Technologijos Universitetas
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Collaborative Robots1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.