Cited 2 time in
Cited 0 time in
Design and Implementation of an LED Mood Lighting System Using Personalized Color Sequence Generation
- Design and Implementation of an LED Mood Lighting System Using Personalized Color Sequence Generation
- Jeong, Gu-Min; Yeo, Jong-Yun; Won, Dong Mook; Bae, Sung-Han; Park, Kyung-Joon
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, 6(12), 3182-3196
- Article Type
- Color Sequence; Color Sequence Generation; Color Sequence Playing; Fixed Period; Interpolation; Led Color Sequence; Led Lighting; Led Lighting System; Light-Emitting Diodes; Lighting; Lighting Circuits; Lighting Fixtures; Lighting Systems; Orbital Transfer; Pulse Width Modulation; Service Content; Smartphones; Time Units
- In this paper, we present a new LED (Light Emitting Diode) mood lighting system interacting with smartphones based on the generation of different light sequences. In the proposed system, one light sequence is considered to be one unit of the service contents, which is then transmitted through a network and played in an LED lighting system. To this end, we propose a novel generation scheme using a smartphone, and a decoding/playing mechanism in an LED lighting system. The lighting sequences have a fixed period divided into predefined time units. Two modes - basic and interpolation - are supported in each time unit when playing a color sequence. In the basic mode, the color is maintained for the entire time unit, whereas in the interpolation mode the color is interpolated. The sequence is decoded and played in the lighting circuit by changing the duty cycle of a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal. A demonstration system of the overall proposed method was using smartphones, a server and an LED lighting system. The results from this experiment show the validity and applicability of the proposed scheme.
- Korean Society for Internet Information
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Design of Wireless Network for Cyber-Physical System; 무선 센서 네트워크; 강인 무선 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.