Cited 0 time in
Cited 4 time in
Conceptual design of mniniature tunable stiffness display using MR fluids
- Conceptual design of mniniature tunable stiffness display using MR fluids
- Yang, Tae Heon; Kwon, Hyuk Jun; Lee, Seung Sup; An, Jin Ung; Koo, Jeong Hoi; Kim, Sang Youn; Kwon, Dong Soo
- DGIST Authors
- An, Jin Ung
- Issue Date
- TRANSDUCERS 2009 - 15th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, 897-899
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Stiffness information is one of the important factors to naturally and intuitively interact with electronic devices and displays. For small-sized electronics, such as hand-held devices, the size of haptic modules is a key limiting factor, and it must be minimized. This paper proposes a concept of miniature and tunable stiffness display an aim to design a miniature device conveying stiffness information. The proposed device is based on Magneto-Rheological(MR) fluids, and its stiffness can be varied by activating the MR fluids with the magnetic field produced by the solenoid, . The proposed stiffness display is composed of three main parts such as an elastic returning part (providing elastic force), a stiffness tuning part (generating resistive force), and a PDMS membrane reservoir part (serving as a repository for the MR fluids). The use of MR fluids in the haptic display allows us to miniature it by eliminating bulky electrical and mechanical components in conventional haptic devices. ©2009 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
An, Jin Ung
Brain Robot Interaction Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.