Cited 9 time in
Cited 12 time in
Avian embryo monitoring during incubation using multi-channel diffuse speckle contrast analysis
- Avian embryo monitoring during incubation using multi-channel diffuse speckle contrast analysis
- Yeo, Chaebeom; Park, Hyun-cheol; Lee, Kijoon; Song, Cheol
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Kijoon; Song, Cheol
- Issue Date
- Biomedical Optics Express, 7(1), 93-98
- Article Type
- Article; Biology and Medicine; Bird; Camera; CEREBRAL-BLOOD-FLOW; CHICKEN; Dimeticone; EGG; EGG; EGG Shell; embryo; Glass Fiber; HEART-RATE; Imaging System; In-Vivo Measurement; Incubation Periods; Incubation Time; Laser; LASER SPECKLE; Mathematical Parameters; Mathematical Phenomena; Multi Channel Diffuse Speckle Contrast Analysis; Nonhuman; OPTICAL COHERENCE; Optical Fiber Channels; Optical Fibers; Poultry Industry; Speckle; Speckle Contrasts; Speckle Imaging; SPECTROSCOPY; Survival Rate; Tissue Blood Flow; Tomography
- Determining the survival rate of avian embryos during incubation is essential for cost-saving in the poultry industry. A multichannel diffuse speckle contrast analysis (DSCA) system, comprising four optical fiber channels, is proposed to achieve noninvasive in vivo measurements of deep tissue flow. The system was able to monitor chick embryo vital signs over the entire incubation period. Moreover, it proved useful in distinguishing between chick embryos in healthy and weakened conditions. ©2015 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Biomedical Optics; DOT; DSCA; NIRS; OCT; LSCI; Nonlinear Optics; Random Laser; Coherent Backscattering
There are no files associated with this item.
- School of Undergraduate Studies1. Journal Articles
Department of Robotics EngineeringIntelligent Bio-OptoMechatronics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.